Aberdare Community School sports and recreation facilities include the following:
Grass football and rugby pitches;
- 8 lane running track with grass pitch for athletics;
- Outdoor muggers for basketball and 5-a-side football;
- 2 multi-purpose indoor halls;
- 8 badminton courts;
- 2 5-a-side indoor pitches;
- 2 netball courts;
- 2 Basketball courts;
- Interactive 3D screens built into the sports hall;
- Swimming pool with separate diving area;
- 24 bike spin room;
- Multi-purpose fitness & cardio room;
- Dance studio;
- 2 squash courts;
- 3 multi activity rooms.
We are very excited and pleased to have these facilities to be able to develop and enhance the fitness, health and well-being of all members of our school community and to extend the opportunities available across the curriculum for sports related education.
The new Sobell Sports Centre, which is attached to the new school site, opened at the end of October 2014 and pupils are already enjoying using these facilities for their PE lessons.